Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Romantic Comedy

There are few things in life that are constant. The new year starts at January 1st, pickles come from cucumbers, mom my loves me, babies poop in their diapers, and someone inevitably falls in love and gets married at the end of romantic comedies. Thinking about the consistency of these things has put a different spin on how I approach life now. Actually, only the last constant I mentioned will affect anything.

Knowing that the main character of every romantic comedy gets married to someone that he/she somehow falls in love with in an unexpected way at the end of the movie has sparked an interesting thought for me. I am going to label a specific portion of my life as my romantic comedy portion of life. It will start now and will end exactly two years from now. I feel that this will not entirely change my life as I am humorous and funny situations happen around me all the time. But the one change that will happen will be that some relationship will unexpectedly actually last and by some odd twist of events I will be married by the end of my movie.

Now as the other main character remains unknown to me, (the one I will fall in love with), I will need to be certain that I understand that anything can happen at this point forward. This is very typical of every romantic comedy, where everyone watching the movie can see that these two are destined to be together. Unfortunately I am unable to communicate directly with the director of the movie (God) or the audience (my future family waiting in heaven) and will have to figure this out for myself.

I will be sure to record pertinent information in my movie log, to be reviewed after completion of the period so as to reveal all plot twists and funny moments. Here's to a good movie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, if you're still looking for cast members for your movie count me in. haha