Sunday, November 13, 2011

Into the Unknown

It can be super difficult to leave everything that has become so comfortable to you. About a month and a half ago I left the comfort of Fort Collins and moved to Provo. I only knew that I had a job lined up and I didn't even know if it was going to work out. I moved without a place to live and with only a handful of friends that I could even spend time with. I would be lying if I said this didn't make me nervous (though when I was leaving I didn't let this show)

Within a day of being in Provo I had found a place to live, moved in, started a new job, bought a ton of items to furnish my room, and started living my new life. I didn't allow myself to look back at what else could possibly have happened if I had waited or made other different decisions. I couldn't be happier with my decision.

It took me a little while to gather my bearings and to develop the confidence to meet new people in my new ward. I had grown so accustomed to being the one introducing myself to new people so they would have friends, that it was pretty natural to be responsible for all the introductions. I have made several new friends and have already developed a presence in the area.

All the dating ideas that I have developed over the years actually work, I just needed a fresh venue to make it work, where my reputation would not go before me and make it difficult to make anything happen. I now have a girl that I think is madly in love with me. But not having brought it up with her, its difficult to say for sure.

Bottom line is that without taking this chance, I would have stunted my growth and would have been stuck in the same ruts that I was in, living in the comfort of my mothers home.

No comments: